Legal Fundda is organizing “Product Labeling & Mandatory Declarations on Label & E- Comm. under Legal Metrology and Food Safety Act”.
Date : 24th February, 2018
Venue : Quality Circle Forum of India , No. JP/10, Bhosari MIDC, Ganesh Nagar, Telco Road, Bhosari Landmark : Near Sharayu Toyota Showroom, Pune-411026, India
About the Events :
This training workshop is designed to provide detail information on the various mandatory requirements for labeling of food, non-food product and web-portal of E-commerce companies as per the mandate of Legal Metrology Act, 2009 as well as Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
To Register, click the link below :
Details about the Workshop:
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of food and non-food product, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of E-commerce, registration of E-commerce FBO, supply chain compliances, product listing and information, handling of consumer complaints.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-package commodities, labeling of retail package, wholesale/multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel.
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines and penalties, adjudication for “misbranded” food, criminal prosecutions, judgement of high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Questions & Answers
Laws to be covered at the workshop:
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- Food Safety and Standards (Packaging & Labeling) Regulation, 2011.
- FSSAI Guidelines for operation E-commerce FBO.
- Judgements of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
Experienced industry professional from top multinational company having rich work experience in Food/FMCG/Manufacturing/E-commerce sector and practical knowledge of the subject.